Turak on The Engaging Brand
On October 27, 2013 Turak talks to Anna Farmery on The Engaging Brand Podcast about his latest book - Business Secrets of the Trappist Monks. The Engaging Brand podcast covers social marketing, business ideas and brand marketing tips. In this podcast Anna and August talk about:
- Why the Trappist Monks have a better business model than traditional businesses
- The importance business mission and why consultants have rendered it useless.
- Do businesses fail because they concentrate on the concrete products rather than abstract goal.
- "How it's not what I did, it's what I didn't do".
- The concept of personal transformation - it's in our own self interest to forget self interest. It is about selflessness.
- The role of leadership and personal transformation.
- How you have to care as a leader.
- How leaders ask questions rather than provide answers....don't lecture, act.
- To understand community, you need to live within communities.